Floating Treatment Media has proven itself a very efficient, low-cost way to enhance municipal wastewater treatment plants. You can retro-fit it to existing facilities with minimal cost or long-term overheads – or work the media into the design of new facilities with low operational costs.
You can use it in any water environment requiring treatment. It is remarkably effective in reducing excess nutrients and removing sediment from the water column, improving water quality overall. Floating wetlands also provide additional aesthetic and habitat for wildlife.
An environmentally-sound and sustainable way of cleaning water
- Municipal wastewater treatment
- Stormwater treatment
- Industrial wastewater treatment
- Stream and lake restoration
- Beautification of community facilities
- Golf courses or facilities that utilise treated waste water effluent
- Anaerobic digestion
- Odour mitigation
- Nitrification processes
- De-nitrification and polishing
- Reduction in Bio-chemical oxygen demand
- Removal of TSS
- Reduction in faecal coliforms
- Reduction in phosphorus
- pH stabilisation
Perhaps the greatest advantage of our Floating Treatment Media is that you don’t have to spend hundreds of thousands – even millions – of dollars in land acquisition, building new facilities and hiring new staff to run them.
You might have an oxidation pond, lake or stream that isn’t meeting water quality standards any more – so instead of building a new one, or taking a mechanical approach, we put our Floating Wetlands system straight onto the existing asset.
We can assist you to meet your on-site requirements, and design a custom solution for you – or work with your existing consultants to achieve the same end.
Our Floating Treatment Media takes a low capital investment compared to traditional mechanical systems – especially since you can retrofit it to existing assets, meaning no need to buy land or build new ponds.
It also has very low operating and maintenance costs compared to other systems – and there are no operational energy costs whatsoever.
For example, we installed our Floating Treatment Media on one client’s anaerobic pond to eliminate odour. It was a 100% success, and our client achieved an annual energy cost saving of over $150,000.
The treatment process is simple, being completely biological – and highly effective. In fact, the biological nature of the treatment is exactly why it is so effective: because naturally-occurring microbes and symbiotic relationships are unsurpassed as a water-cleaning “system”.
In rigorous scientific studies, our media consistently performed to a far higher standard than required by water treatment standards.
Floating Treatment Media gives you a lot of options that traditional systems can’t. For example, our system can:
- Fit into any existing space or water body shape
- Operate even in extreme climate or environmental conditions
- Easily be adjusted to concentrate on removing particular pollutants to suit your situation
- Work without problems on a fluctuating water level
- Increase your retention times for treatment manipulation
It’s modular properties mean that projects can be staged over more than one season.
We don’t know of any other treatment system that can be adapted to suit such a wide range of situations with so little effort.
It’s regulation commonplace these days for water treatment demands to outgrow your facilities. With our system, you can avoid the financial – and sometimes political – expense of buying more land to extend your facilities. Plus, in areas where irrigation schemes are used to dispose of treated water, the efficiency of our system in reducing nutrients in treated water means you need less land for the disposal fields.
This isn’t just theory. One local authority we serve, saved financially when we retrofitted a Floating Treatment Media to their existing pond, instead of buying land and constructing an alternative wetland system
Not only does our Floating Treatment Media require zero land use, but it also has many other environmental credentials.
- It takes no power to operate, so you don’t burn fossil fuels or use up electricity
- The manufacturing process is very low-energy since there are no refined products
- Using plants from eco-sourced seeds to harmonise with the natural vegetation
- The treatment process itself satisfies stringent water quality consent requirement, while reducing or eliminating the need for chemical dosing
For current QLD Government Department of Environment and Science guidelines please visit their website.