Completion date: September 2012
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
- NSW government rail initiative to improve reliability and address passenger growth on metropolitan rail network
- Glenfield railway station and bus-rail interchange upgrade
- Construction of two rail flyovers
- Alliance: NSW Transport, MVM Rail, MacMahon, Bouygues Travaux Publics and Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Permanent and temporary drainage design
- Heavy rail traffic over pipe
- Pipe had to have RailCorp approval
- Needed to be a heavy duty pipe, designed for LA350 rail loads and A160 road loads
- Pipe required a design life of at least 100 years
- Long lengths that were easy and quick to install to maximise the pipe metres installed during each session.
- Reduction in site OH&S risks – lighter lifting weights and smaller machinery to move and install pipes achieved this result.
- Low environmental impact through a reduced carbon footprint to complement the clients low carbon environmental footprint.
- AS 2566 is the design standard for the ADS HDPE pipe
- Railcorp standards TMC421 and ESC420